The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Trenton: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: February 28, 2023
August 19, 2022
The City of Trenton is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of full-time police officer. The Trenton Police Department serves a very supportive community of just under 20,000 residents, with 34 full-time officers and 9 part-time dispatchers. Trenton is situated about 20 miles south of Detroit, with beautiful shoreline along the Detroit River. For a small department, the Trenton PD offers a variety of opportunities – Investigations Division, SWAT, Dive Team, K-9, Homeland Security Investigations, and School Resource Officer.
Competitive Benefits Package
- Starting Wage - $47,981.64, max pay at 5 years - $73,471.97
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Defined Benefit Pension
- Optional 457 deferred contribution plan
- Annual City Living Bonus
- Uniform Allowance
- Lateral Pay Incentive up to 2 years
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent
- MCOLES licensed or licensable
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass background investigation, psychological evaluation, physical and drug screen
The City of Trenton is an equal opportunity employer – women and minorities are encouraged to apply.