The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Village of Shelby Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Closing Date: October 24, 2022
August 24, 2022
The Village of Shelby is located in Western Michigan in Oceana County. Serving approximately 2,000 residents, Shelby Police Department consists of three full-time officers, and four part-time officers. The Village of Shelby is accepting applications for a full-time Police Officer position.
- Starting yearly salary $49,008-$53,464, depending on experience, with step raises and annual raises.
- Twelve-hour work shift schedule
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- PTO earned every pay period
- Medical, Dental, and Optical Insurance coverage
- Competitive benefit and MERS Defined Contribution retirement package
- Must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Work a 12-hour shift schedule including weekends/holidays.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successfully pass an interview, background investigation, physical, and drug screen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforce the laws of the State of Michigan and Village of Shelby Ordinances.
- Conduct Criminal Investigations.
- Perform regular patrol duties, responding to calls for service.
- Enforce traffic laws.
- Communicate effectively orally, and in writing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please mail or email cover letter, resume, and Village of Shelby Application for Employment (located on website under “about” tab) to:
Shelby Police Department
218 N Michigan Avenue
Shelby, MI 49455