The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Munising City Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2022
August 25, 2022
The Munising City Police Department is accepting applications for a full time Police Officer position.
- Starting yearly salary of $54,000 with annual raises.
- 12 Hour work Schedule
- Annual Equipment and uniforms allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Benefit and Retirement Package
- Must be able to perform related police duties as assigned
- Must be licensed by MCOLES or have completed a Academy and able to be MCOLES certified
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver's License
- No Felony convictions
- Must be a United States citizen
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine patrol / shift duties / taking and responding to calls for service
- Enforce all Federal and State of Michigan Laws, as well as City Ordinances
- Conduct Criminal Investigations
- Enforces traffic laws and conducts traffic related investigations
- Makes arrests and interviews persons / subjects
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing - capable of preparing police reports and citations
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit cover letter and resume either in person, or email. Any questions can be directed via email as well.
Chief John M. Nelson
Closing Date: 12/31/2022
Contact Person: Chief Nelson