The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Essexville Department of Public Safety: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: March 31, 2023
August 26, 2022
The Essexville Department of Public Safety is seeking qualified, community-minded candidates to fill three full-time positions. We proudly serve a 1.5 square mile community of 2,500 residents with eight full-time officers and as many as 15 paid on call firefighters. Candidates must be willing and able to perform the duties of a firefighter, and medical first responder, (prior training not necessary), as well as the role of a police officer. Lateral Pay and PTO considered for experienced candidates. Wages starting at 20.17 - 25.42 for 2022 and progressing to 23.35 - 29.43 for 2025.
- Must be MCOLES licensed of eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Ability to successfully pass an interview, background investigation, physical, psychological and drug screen.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, weekends, days, nights, and holidays.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Those interested may respond with a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below:
City of Essexville
1107 Woodside Ave.
Essexville MI 48732