The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Melvindale Police Department: Academy Sponsored Police Officer
September 05, 2022
APPLICANTS MUST AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid Michigan Operator's license and meet minimum driving requirements.
- Possess the valid Commission on Law Enforcement Standards MCOLES Certification, in reading, writing, and the Physical Skills Test Battery. For additional information on reading, writing and physical test visit Testing webpage on the MCOLES website.
- Have completed two (2) years of credits from accredited college or university (i.e. 60 semester hours, or Associates degree from an accredited institution
- Take written test at https://www.empco.net/testing/
Upon meeting the above criteria the candidate must successfully pass an oral board, background check, drug test, physical and psychological exam.
Starting base salary $48,471.00.
401 retirement 5% employee 10% City with option of 457B match up to 5%.
Medical Dental benefits, gun and uniform allow allowance, paid vacation, longevity and holiday pay.
You can obtain an application on our website at: http://www.melvindale.org/
Please return employment applications and requested documentation to the Melvindale Police Department at 3100 Oakwood Blvd. Melvindale, MI 48122
Applicant must present college transcript, driver's license, birth certificate, EMPCO test score, MCOLES reading, writing and physical scores at time of submitted application.