The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Fruitport Township Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: September 30, 2022
September 09, 2022
Fruitport Township Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for full-time and part-time Police Officers. Fruitport Township is located in Southern Muskegon County and is comprised of 30 square miles with a population of approximately 14,000 residents. The Department provides law enforcement services to Fruitport Charter Township and to the Village of Fruitport. Our Officers take great pride in providing a wide range of quality law enforcement services to the residents and businesses in the community. Our department has a long tradition of providing community-based policing services in partnership with the members of our community. As a result of these programs and services, we are proud to police one of the most favorable places to live in Western Michigan.
Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a United States citizen at the time of application
- Must not have any felony convictions
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license prior to hire date
- Be MCOLES licensed, licensable, or currently enrolled in an academy
- Physical and psychological ability to perform essential job functions
- Current salary range $26.38 to $30.96
- 12 hour shifts
- 13 paid holidays
- Employer contribution to 401k
- Longevity Bonus
- 36 hours personal leave annually
- 120 hours sick time annually
- 84 hours vacation annually
- Health/Vision/Dental or $400/month opt-out
- Health Insurance for employee and spouse after retirement
Qualified, experienced Officers interested in part-time employment should contact the department for employment details.
An application is available online at: www.fruitportpolice.com. A resume and completed application can emailed to email@example.com, mailed to 5825 Airline Hwy, Fruitport Mi. 49415, or delivered in person. Application deadline is 4pm on 9/30/2022.