The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Madison Heights Police Department: Police Officer- Entry Level or Lateral Transfer Closing Date: March 31, 2022
September 13, 2022
The Madison Heights Police Department is looking for hard working, dedicated applicants for full-time postion(s) for police officer to continue the City's commitment to excellence.
$52,692 - $74,977; Top pay at end of contract cycle 2024 is $78,581.
- Lateral hire officers with 2 years of experience will start out at $58,571/year.
- Lateral hire officers with 3 years of experience will start out at $74,977 (top wage).
Competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- Officers reach top pay rate after 3 Years.
- 12 Hour Shifts.
- Defined Benefit Pension System with a 2.5% multiplier.
- Uniform allowance- $1,200 per year.
- Annual weapons proficiency allowance- $1,000.
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA).
- Holiday pay.
- Education incentive.
- Up to 5 Weeks Paid Vacation.
- 64 Hours paid personal leave.
- BCBS health insurance.
- External wear body armor provided.
- Opportunity to work in numerous specialized units and assignments such as Special Investigations Unit (SIU), FBI Task Force, Detective Bureau, Evidence Tech Unit, K-9 Unit, Motor Unit, Bicycle Patrol Unit, FTO Unit, Recruitment Unit.
- Minimum age 18.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess a valid State driver's license without six or more active points on driving record.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post-offer departmental criminal, civil and background investigation. No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment physical and drug screen, and psychological examination.
- Minimum associate degree/60 credit hours from a fully accredited college or university, OR high school diploma/GED and honorable discharge from one of the United States Military Service Branches or minimum 3 years prior experience as a full-time sworn officer.
- EMPCO registration and completed police officer written exam within one year of application date (may complete exam after application to City but must pass exam before hire).
- Upon employment, will be required to enter into and successfully complete all necessary training, including in-service training with Madison Heights Police Department and other schools to which the employee may be assigned. All employees shall receive such further training as shall be deemed necessary by the Madison Heights Police Department or mandated by the State of Michigan or United States Government.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have graduated from an MCOLES approved police academy or are currently attending an MCOLES approved police academy.
Highest preference will be given to those candidates who possess all desired qualifications and who are current sworn law enforcement officers with no previous disciplinary issues.
All candidates will be required to interview with the Police Chief and/or an interview panel of his choosing before a conditional job offer is made.
Madison Heights Residency is NOT Required. I-9 must be completed at time of hire for submittal to E-Verify
The City of Madison Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CONTACT PERSON: Sergeant Shawn Scofield