The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Potterville Police Department: Part Time Police Officer Closing Date: January 1, 2023
September 19, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$22.20 per hour
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-Time
DEPARTMENT: Police, City of Potterville
Perform police duties related to the safety of the public and provide service responses to reports of crimes in progress and/or crimes that occurred previously. Respond to traffic crash scenes to provide medical aid, investigation and enforcement of related traffic laws or local ordinances. Provide other non-criminal complaint services and testify in court on criminal matters. Works under direction of the Chief of Police. Scheduled hours will range from 32-120 hours per month, depending on candidates availability and the needs of the department.
Be licensed/ licensable by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) – YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED A POLICE ACADEMY PRIOR
- Two years law enforcement experience preferred
- High School Diploma, two years of college education or higher preferred
- Undergo and pass medical fitness and drug screening to include marijuana
- Pass an extensive background check
- Be of good moral and ethical character
- Possess and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license