The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Newaygo Police Department: Full-time/Part-time Licensed Police Officers Closing Date: January 1, 2023
September 20, 2022
The City of Newaygo Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Full and Part-time Police Officer.
Duties include patrolling city streets, parks, commercial and residential areas. Preserve the peace and enforce the law, control vehicular traffic, prevent or detect and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies and other law violations, obtaining evidences and compile information regarding crimes, prepare cases for filing of charges, testifying in court, and related activities, carry out duties in conformance with Federal, State, city ordinances, departmental policies and procedures and other related activities.
- Associates degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field required
- Must be licensed, licensable as a police officer by MCOLES.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be 21 years or older at the time of employment.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid driver's license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal histories.
- Must be able to read and write the English language;
- Must be of good moral character.
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- Pass extensive personal and professional background check
- Pass medical, psychological and drug testing.
Essential job functions:
- Patrol in a vehicle
- Respond to calls for service
- Make arrests
- Prepare narrative crime reports and non-criminal reports, criminal investigations and follow-up traffic crash investigations
- Participate in training sessions
- Participate in community oriented events
- Display a positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Detain search and question suspects as appropriate.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO:
Georgia Andres, Chief of Police
City of Newaygo Police Department
PO Box 308
28 W State Rd
Newaygo, MI 49337
Application may be obtained at Newaygo City Hall or by emailing / requesting an employment application at email@example.com