The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Coldwater Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2022
September 26, 2022
The City of Coldwater, is located in south central lower Michigan, in Branch County, and covers 8.27 square miles, serving a population of 13,822.
The Department is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Police Officer. The Coldwater Police Department seeks motivated and ethical applicants with a positive educational and employment background. A quality salary and fringe benefit package is provided.
- Have graduated from high school. A bachelor's degree is preferred or an associate's degree and some police work experience desired.
- Must obtain a passing score on the Patrol Officer Entrance Level Examination as prescribed by a certified testing agency.
- Must pass an oral interview and background investigation.
- Must successfully complete Basic Police Recruit Standards as identified by Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Must pass a physical, drug screen and psychological examination.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- Applicants must be MCOLES licensed or licensable.
Starting salary is $56,014.40 with top pay being $65,208.00 after four years. There is a college incentive bonus of $300.00 for an Associate's Degree and $500.00 for a Bachelor's Degree. Additional benefits include, but are not limited to, holiday pay, shift differential, longevity pay, medical insurance, life insurance and retirement through MERS Defined Contribution Plan. The employer contribution is 14% with the employee contributing 7.5%. The Coldwater Police Department also offers a relaxed facial hair policy that allows beards, tattoos are acceptable (with some limitations) and external vest carriers are currently being used by sworn staff.
Application packets are available by contacting the Coldwater Police Department as outlined below.
To apply, submit resume, application and authorization for release of information to:
Coldwater Police Department
ATTN: Tina Taylor
57 Division Street
Coldwater, MI 49036
The City of Coldwater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.