The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
DeWitt Township Police Department: Police Officer - Entry Level or Lateral Transfer Closing Date: October 24, 2022
September 28, 2022
INTEGRITY. ETHICS. SERVICE. DeWitt Charter Township is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officer. DeWitt Charter Township is 31 square miles, with a population of 15,466, is located within Clinton County, and is adjacent to the cities of Lansing and East Lansing. DeWitt Charter Township is seeking self-motivated and hardworking officers to join our team.
DeWitt Charter Township Police Officers are held to the highest standards of professionalism with an all-encompassing FTO program. Throughout the year, Officers are assigned quarterly training in firearms, defensive tactics, TASER, legal updates and other relevant training. The DeWitt Charter Township Police Department belongs to the Law Enforcement Regional Training Academy and Police 1 Academy, which provide additional in-service training for officers.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) licensed or licensable by time of appointment
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws, local ordinances, and other regulations governing police authority
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with others
- Starting wage of $24.48 per hour. Lateral applicants may qualify for year 2 wages.
- Top wage for patrol officer is $33.55 after 4 years
- Employer paid health, dental, vision insurance, short term disability and long term disability with no employee contribution
- Pension: Defined Contribution 10% - No employee contribution required; up to 2% match for 457 deferred compensation account
- Uniforms, equipment and dry cleaning provided
- Boot allowance
- 12-hour shifts
Deadline: October 24, 2022
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to:
DeWitt Charter Township
ATTN: Personnel Director
1401 West Herbison Road
DeWitt, MI 48820
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10/24/2022
Contact Person: Personnel Director