The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Chesterfield Township Police Department: Police Officer - Entry Level or Lateral Transfer Closing Date: December 31, 2022
October 04, 2022
***Only online applications will be accepted***
The Charter Township of Chesterfield is located in southeastern lower Michigan, in Macomb County, and covers 30.7 square miles, and serves a population of approximately 44,000.
The Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer.
Enforces laws related to the protection of life and property, directs and controls traffic, prevents crime or disturbance of peace, arrests violators and other duties as assigned.
Police Officer Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum Age of 21 years old
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree or 60 Credit Hours or 2 Years Police Experience
- Applicant must be either a Certified Michigan Police Officer, or graduated from/currently enrolled in an MCOLES Accredited Police Academy
- Must demonstrate the desire and ability to work with the public
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow instructions
- Must possess the ability to communicate; both written and orally
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation
- Must be able to pass an extensive psychological examination
- Must be able to pass an extensive physical examination including drug testing
- Must have good moral character and no record of criminal convictions including expungements
No person shall be considered for employment by the Police Department if their driving record contains any of the following situations within the last five years:
- Conviction of alcohol or narcotic related offenses.
- A license suspension for failure to appear in court or failure to comply with a judgment.
- More than two "at-fault" accidents.
- More than three hazardous moving violations.
- Negligent homicide, manslaughter, or assaults involving the operation of a vehicle.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, personal, bereavement and holidays
- BCBS Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- MERS Retirement Plan
- Initial uniforms supplied
- Annual uniform allowance
- $48,089.60 - $72,155.20
- One-year lateral transfer $54,433.60
- Annual degree base pay incentive
- Midnight shift differential
- Longevity pay after 5 years
The Chesterfield Township Police Department is progressive and allows beards and tattoos (with some limitations), load bearing external vests, 12-Hour shifts and no out of pocket initial uniforms and equipment.
The Charter Township of Chesterfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer