The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Capac Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: April 30, 2023
October 10, 2022
A police officer is responsible for performing a variety of duties. Protection of life and property, enforcement of criminal, traffic laws, prevention of crime, promotion of public peace, apprehension of criminals and to provide service to the community.
Included but not limited to these duties are the following.
- Enforcement of the laws of the Village of Capac, the State of Michigan, and the United States of America.
- Processing from complaint through trial of all misdemeanor/felony violations both for village ordinance violations and Michigan State statutes.
- To accept and investigate all calls and complaints.
- To conduct preliminary investigations.
- To conduct follow-up investigations, including interrogation and processing of cases.
- Preparation of all necessary documents in relation to police matters, including but not limited to warrant request for all misdemeanor cases, and felony cases.
- Make up such reports and documents as are required by the department, ordinance, or stature.
- To appear in court and any other place where the officer’s presence is needed in relation to his/her duties.
- In the absence of any superior officer, the police officer with the longer period of service shall assume command, including all functions and duties, until a higher-ranking officer appears an assumes responsibility.
- To perform police patrol, to prevent crime and disorder, protect life and property, direct traffic, investigate accidents and enforce motor vehicle and parking ordinances and regulations.
- Investigate suspicious activities, apprehend and arret law violators, gather evidence and assist in Prosecutions.
- Serve criminal and civil processes, including warrants and subpoenas.
- To conduct property checks.
- To perform other duties as required by the Chief, or his/her designated representative.
- To perform all other functions necessary for the orderly and proper administration of justice, and the police department of the Village of Capac.
Closing Date: 4/30/2023