The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Royal Oak Police Department: Entry level Police Officer and Lateral Transfers Closing Date: April 1, 2023
October 20, 2022
- A minimum of two years of college education, at least 60 semester hours, from an accredited a recognized college or university, or 3 years prior military experience.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must have passed the Pre-Certification Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards written and physical agility tests as required by state law, and as evidenced by a valid official notification.
- Have a valid motor vehicle operator's permit with good driving record.
- Applicants with 2 full years of employment as a full-time Police officer would start at the 2-year salary rate
- Currently certified/licensed by MCOLES
- 96 hours of Vacation time at time of hire (pro-rated at time of hire for remainder of fiscal year)
- Holiday pay (paid for 96 hours, also receive 12 days in time off bank)
- Uniform allowance- $1100
- 80 hours of Vacation time after 1st year (addition of 8 hours every year after that up to 200 hours)
- Opportunity to work in numerous specialized units and assignments such as Special Investigations Unit (SIU), FBI Task Force, DEA Task force, Detective Bureau, Evidence Tech Unit, K-9 Unit, Motor Unit, Bicycle Patrol Unit, FTO Unit, Firearms instructor, DT instructor, etc.
- Shift differential pay
- Traditional pension with 2.5% multiplier
- Tuition reimbursement
- Physical Fitness incentive program
OPENING DATE: 10/20/2022
CLOSING DATE: 4/1/2023
450 E Eleven Mile, Royal Oak, MI 48067