The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Green Oak Township Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Closing Date: December 22, 2022
November 17, 2022
Green Oak Township Police: Full-Time Police Officer
Closing Date: Thursday December 22, 2022, 4:00 P.M.
November 16, 2022
The Green Oak Charter Township Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time Police Officers position within the department. Green Oak Charter Township is 35 square miles with a population of 19,000 residents. There is a soaring daytime population with a light industrial area, Green Oak Village Place Mall and recreational areas and facilities such as the Island Lake State Recreation Area and Huron Meadows Metroparks. Green Oak Charter Township is located in Livingston County, one of the fastest growing counties in the State of Michigan. US 23 runs through the heart of the township making places like Ann Arbor, Lansing, Flint and Detroit easily accessible. Our agency is seeking self-motivated and hardworking officers to join our team.
The Green Oak Township Police Department recognizes the need for continuing education and training. Officers not only receive training in firearms, defensive tactics, TASER, legal update, and several other core areas several times per year, there is an emphasis put on specialty training designed to enhance, and further, Officers ability and careers.
12-hours shifts projected to start January 2023
Specialty Team Assignments:
• Detective Bureau
• Traffic Crash Investigation/Reconstruction
• Active Shooter Response
• Evidence Collection (IRU)
• Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT)
• Unmanned Aerial Systems (Drone)
• United States Citizen.
• Must have reached 21 years of age at the time of employment.
• Must possess, at minimum, an Associate degree from an accredited college
• No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
• Possess a valid Michigan driver's license
• Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) certified or certifiable by time of appointment
• Undergo a comprehensive background check.
• Pass medical, fitness, drug and psychological exams as administered by the employer's contracted agents.
• Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer.
As Determined by the Chief of Police
Officer Experience and Qualifications
• Starting $ 50,299.27
• 1 Year $ 59,859.73
• 2 Year $ 65,640.99
• 3 Year $ 75,156.46
• 4 Year $ 76,596.16
• 5-Year $ 78,238.31
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO Medical w/Prescription Insurance and Delta Dental along with Optical.
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Vacation, sick, personal, and compensatory time banks.
• MERS B-2 Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• Uniform Cleaning and Boot Allowances
• Longevity Pay
•Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Applications are available online at: https://cms2.revize.com/revize/greenoakct/GREEN%20OAK%20TOWNSHIP%20POLICE%20APPLICATION%202021.pdf
Completed application and application materials must be submitted to the attention of Deputy Chief Rob Bradford by 4:00 pm, Thursday December 22, 2022. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in person at the Police Department located at 9400 Whitmore Lake Rd. Brighton, MI 48116.
Green Oak Charter Township is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date: 12/22/2022
Website Link: https://cms2.revize.com/revize/greenoakct/GREEN%20OAK%20TOWNSHIP%20POLICE%20APPLICATION%202021.pdf