The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Roscommon County Sheriff's Office: Road Patrol Deputy Closing Date: February 28, 2023
November 29, 2022
The Roscommon County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for a full-time Road Patrol Deputy position. The acceptance of applications will be open until all open positions are filled. A list of qualified candidates will be maintained for any open positions within one year from the time of interviews.
-MERS B-4 Pension Plan, Paid Health Insurance Plan
Under the supervision of command staff, performs general duty police work in the protection of life and property throughout the county. Maintains law and order, prevents crime, responds to complaints and renders emergency assistance to the public as a uniformed officer. Work is performed in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standard methods and practices. The officer under emergency conditions must exercise independent initiative and judgment. This work may involve an element of danger.
- MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing
- Pass pre-entry physical fitness test
- Aptitude to quickly learn law enforcement methods, practices and procedures.
- Possesses a good working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws in the method and practice of criminal investigation.
- Ability to carry out instructions and adopt an effective and sound course of action.
- Ability to deal fairly and effectively with the public (possesses excellent verbal Communication skills).
- Is observant, exercises sound judgment and possesses good moral character.
The Roscommon County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 02/28/2023
Contact Person: Lieutenant Eric Tiepel