The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Cheboygan Police Department: Patrol Officer Closing Date: January 30, 2023
December 14, 2022
The City of Cheboygan is a community of 4,750 located twenty minutes from the Mackinac Bridge in Cheboygan County. Located on the Cheboygan River and being part of the Inland Waterway that connects Lake Huron to inland lakes and rivers that extends 45 miles into the heart of Michigan, there is ample recreational opportunities such as boating, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, biking, and cross-country skiing. If you love the outdoors, you will love this area of Michigan.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Ability to successfully pass an interview, background investigation, physical, psychological and drug screen.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, weekends, days, nights, and holidays.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, minimum associates degree required.
To apply please email your cover letter, resume, City of Cheboygan Job application (found at https://www.cheboygan.org/ under resources) as well as any certificates you may have to: email@example.com.
Or mail to:
RE: Police Officer Application
403 N. Huron Street
PO Box 39
Cheboygan, MI 49721
The City of Cheboygan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.