The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Canton Township: Police Officer (Full-time) – Multiple Immediate Budgeted Vacancies Closing Date: June 29, 2023
January 02, 2023
COMPLETE JOB POSTING AND ONLINE APPLICATION:
Starting Salary: $49,148 (2022 Wage Scale)
* Candidates w/at least five years of experience as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer shall be eligible for a starting wage at the “after two years” rate or $66,801.
$49,148 TO $81,460 (2022 Wage Scale – Currently in negotiations)
- Revised Standards of Appearance Policy – Long sleeve uniform shirts are now permitted to cover visible arm tattoos.
- Applicants must have completed a recognized police academy and have minimum of an Associate’s Degree at time of hire.
- Applicants currently enrolled and attending a recognized Police Academy that will result in an Associate’s Degree are eligible to apply.
- Successful completion of MCOLES Physical Agility Test dated within the past 12 months at time of application or at time of hire.
- Candidates that pass the interview will have 45 days from interview to complete the physical agility testing.
- The Canton Police Department is a full-time law enforcement agency currently budgeted for 100 sworn officers.
- Canton is a community-oriented agency, providing professional police service beyond traditional enforcement.
BARGAINING UNIT CONTRACT
Canton Township’s POAM Contract (2019 – 2022) can be viewed