The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of St. Ignace: Police Officer Closing Date: March 2, 2023
January 06, 2023
The City of St. Ignace is accepting applications for an open Police Officer position. The department is composed of four full-time officers, including a Sergeant, led by a Police Chief. The City of St. Ignace, located in Mackinac County, is the gateway to Michigan's Upper Peninsula, just north of the Mackinac Bridge and bordered by Lake Huron and Lake Michigan. The City has a population of 2,133 and spans across 2.7 square miles. The department has an annual operating budget of $582,026.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application and required documents. Applications can be obtained here: https://www.cityofstignace.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif6821/f/uploads/employment_application_2021.pdf. Resumes and completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to the below address:
St. Ignace City Hall
Attn: Allen Mitchell
396 N. State Street
St. Ignace MI 49781
- Starting (Non-Lateral) $45,136, plus holiday pay and overtime -Officers top out in three years.
- MERS retirement.
- A 457 deferred compensation program is available.
- Health insurance with dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Lateral transfers/experienced Officers starting pay may be considered/negotiated.
- This position will be a 12-hour shift.
- $1 shift differential for all hours worked between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Uniform allowance
- Excellent community to serve.
- Must be an MCOLES-licensed police officer or eligible for licensing in the State of Michigan to apply.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have no felony convictions.
- Passed MCOLES pre-employment written and physical agility exams at the time of application.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan driver's license.
- Must submit to a full background investigation, including fingerprinting, and photograph.
- Must successfully pass a medical examination, including a drug screen.
- Must successfully pass a psychological examination.
For more information, please contact Interim Chief Allen Mitchell at 906-643-6077. Position open until filled.