The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Benton Charter Township Police Department: Full Time/Part Time Police Officer Closing Date: February 28, 2023
January 09, 2023
Benton Charter Township Police Department:
Academy Sponsorship, Entry Level, or Lateral Pay Transfer—Full Time/Part Time Police Officer
Opening 01/16/2023 - 02/28/2023
The Benton Charter Township Police Department is currently seeking out dedicated individuals to fill the role of Police Officer.
Candidates will be required to pass a thorough background check and pass MCOLES pre-enrollment tests, unless already licensed or eligible for licensing. Benton Charter Township will pay for the tuition of the academy and you will also be paid a wage while attending the academy. Those that are already licensed have the chance to earn lateral transfer pay, up to step 3 as laid out in the patrol officer’s contact.
Benton Township offers an abundance of opportunities; miles along the Lake Michigan shoreline contain the Whirlpool World Headquarters and Harbor Shores, a Jack Nicholas golf course. As you progress inward, toward the remainder of the 36 square miles and nearly 12,000 residents, you run into the business hub of Berrien County and miles of diverse freeways. On the outskirts of this distinct township, you find unique neighborhoods intermingled with acres and acres of farmland.
- 21 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Meet all minimum pre-enrollment MCOLES standards
- Pass thorough background check
- Starting wage negotiable based on qualifications and certifications
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Longevity Pay
- Accumulation of up to 240 hours of COMP time
- Educational bonuses for higher education degrees
- Medical insurance, which includes dental and vision
- Gun and Clothing Allowance
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- 12 hour shifts, providing every other weekend off
- 1 year= 1 week vacation, 2 years= 2 weeks vacation, 5 years= 3 weeks vacation, and 10 years= 4 weeks vacation
- Paid sick time
- Short and long term disability
All interested candidates are asked to contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application and background packet by February 28th, 2023. Any interested individuals with questions can call 269-926-8221.