The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Forsyth Township Police Department: Full Time Police Officer Closing Date: July 10, 2023
January 09, 2023
Forsyth Township Police Department - Full Time Police Officer
MCOLES Licensed / Eligible for Licensing / Academy Sponsorship
Applicants must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasionally on short notice. Employees will perform basic law enforcement duties that include responding to calls for service, assisting citizens, investigating traffic accidents, traffic enforcement, investigations and performing assigned tasks as directed by supervisory personnel. Applications will be accepted ongoing until filled.
- Be 21 years of age
- Possess a minimum of an Associate's Degree or;
- Honorable military service
- Potential for hiring bonus
- Have no prior criminal convictions
- Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing
- Be a U.S. citizen and Michigan resident
- Successfully complete a background, medical exam, drug screen and all phases of the hiring and training process
FULL TIME WAGES & BENEFITS
- Hourly starting pay $21.73 to $27.16 (dependent upon prior experience)
- Health & Wellness plan (gym membership)
- Medical, Prescription, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Insurance opt-out plan
- MERS retirement plan
- Sick, Personal, & Vacation leave
- Comp Time Accrual
- Holiday pay
- Life Insurance policy
- Equipment allowance of $350.00 per year
- Voya 457 plan, MERS 457 plan, and MERS Health Care Savings Account available
Applications accepted ongoing until filled.
Applications are available on our website: forsythtownshippolice.com
Applications will be emailed upon request - Assistant Chief Amanda Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 906-346-9224 with any questions.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Mail general application, background check authorization, MCOLES release of information, resume and cover letter to:
P.O. Box 1360
99 N Pine Street
Gwinn, MI 49841
ATTN: Chief of Police, Brian Kjellin / Amanda Perry
Closing Date: 07/10/2023
Contact Person: Assistant Chief Amanda Perry