The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Muskegon Township Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Closing Date: April 30, 2023
January 12, 2023
Base Wages: $61,850 - $77,969
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance on a cost sharing plan
- MERS Defined Contribution with a 2% Township Contribution; up to 8% match.
- Optional 457 plan also available.
In addition to state minimum qualifications, applicants must submit a pre-application from in order to be considered for the position. Pre-application form is available here.
NOTE: Resumes will be requested after submission of the pre-application form.
AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT THE FOLLOWING MUST HAVE BEEN COMPLETED:
- Associates degree in any major, preferably in Criminal Justice or related field.
- Be a licensed police officer in the State of Michigan or be able to be licensed in the State of Michigan.
- Applications accepted if you are in an approved academy.
- No felony arrest or convictions.
- Pass physical, physiological and drug exam.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with good driving history.
- Pass a background investigation.