The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Warren Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: February 10, 2023
January 17, 2023
The City of Warren will be recruiting for the position of Police Officer, from 01/23/2023 through 02/10/2023. To apply and be on the eligibility list you must meet the minimum requirements and complete the application process as indicated below.
(APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE AND IN-PERSON BEGINNING 01/23/2023)
- Age 21 or older by the closing date for applications, which is February 10, 2023.
- Possess a valid license to operate a vehicle in the State of Michigan with a good driving record.
- United States Citizen
- Must possess normal visual functions in each eye. Possess 20/20 corrected vision in each eye. Possess normal color vision.
- Must pass a physical examination including drug screening and a psychological evaluation within the guidelines established by the City, as modified by current law.
- No felony convictions.
- HS Diploma/GED Equivalent
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must pass an oral board interview.
- All applicants must be either:
- A current police officer with two years full time experience, or;
- With less than two years' experience, must possess 62 semester credit hours or 93 quarter credit hours or;
- MCOLES licensed/eligible for licensing or;
- Enrolled in an MCOLES approved academy or;
- Possess three years active duty military experience with honorable discharge.
- Current police officer with two years' experience -OR- With less than two years' experience, possess 62 semester credit hours/93 quarter credit hours -OR- MCOLES eligible for licensing (completed Police Academy) -OR- Currently enrolled in MCOLES approved Police Academy -OR- possess three years active duty military experience.
FOR EDUCATIONAL PREFERENCE POINT
- One preference point will be added to a passing oral board score of 70 percent at the time the eligibility list is certified for education, for a Bachelor's Degree or higher education in Criminal Justice or related field. You must provide ORIGINAL SEALED TRANSCRIPTS to qualify.
FOR MILITARY PREFERENCE POINT
- One preference point will be added to a passing oral board score of 70 percent at the time the eligibility list is certified for veteran's preference, for service during a period of war or receipt of an expeditionary or other campaign service medal during an emergency condition, with an honorable discharge. You must provide an ORIGINAL Form DD214 to qualify.
- Please visit https://warrenpdrecruiting.com/ to view the job description and print out the application. Applications will be available online, by email and for pickup at the Warren Police Department Records Counter. Please complete the City of Warren Police Officer application packet and bring it to the Warren Police Department Records Counter with all original documentation by the deadline of February 10, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. You will be notified if you are scheduled for an oral board interview.
- Please call Captain Steven Showers at 586-574-4747 if you have any questions.
Current Starting Salary
$58, 884 - $83,443/year Maximum Salary (After 5 years)
- Officers with two or more years of full time law enforcement experience may qualify for a higher starting wage. Please visit https://warrenpdrecruiting.com/ for more benefit information.
- The City of Warren provides an excellent benefit package including a defined benefit pension, health, dental, and life insurance (no monthly premiums), paid vacation, sick time and holidays, and lateral transfer pay.
- Special jobs, aside from Patrol, include: Community Policing, Special Response Team, Evidence Technician, Field Training Officer, Jail, Liquor Enforcement, Motor Traffic, School Resources Officer, Special Operations Surveillance, Undercover Drug Enforcement, DEA and Mobile Field Force.
The City of Warren is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER