The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Shiawassee County Sheriff's Office: Bailiff Deputy/Court Security/Licensed Officer Closing Date: July 19, 2023
January 19, 2023
HOURLY RATE: $17.02
TITLE: PART-TIME BAILIFF/ COURT SECURITY DEPUTY
LOCATION: County Buildings, Corunna MI 48817
This position does not provide any fringe benefits.
As bailiff for the Shiawassee County Probate Court Division, the bailiff will also work closely with the Juvenile Division, accompany staff to residential locations to meet with juveniles and their guardians. Secure buildings and conduct security inspections of citizens who enter or are on County or Court property. Respond quickly to alarm points or any other breaches of security. Operate a radio or other transmitting device for communication with Court or other police personnel. Intervene in potentially problematic situations in order to diffuse possible violence and summon additional law enforcement. Prepare written reports and records. Operate screening equipment at court house entry points. Assist in any area as directed by the Court as it relates to security.
This position will be for approximately 20 hours per week. Court Security work two and a half days a week.
Applicants must be licensed/licensable police officers at the time of application.
High School Diploma or completion of the General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) Completion of college courses from an accredited college / university is desirable.
- Provide security for Shiawassee County offices and Courts.
- Transports defendants to and from the county jail.
- Court Security maybe requested to stand by in the courtroom, and be present to assist the bailiff as needed.
- Successfully complete all state required law enforcement training and or certifications as required by MCOLES.
- May be required to assist with any security issues that occur in the other offices within the county buildings as necessary.
- May be required to give medical first aid in emergency situations.
- Must be licensed to access the Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) by completion of the LEIN basic training and be certified. Complete LEIN Security Awareness Training.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to exercise independent, good judgment. Ability to think quickly. Copy accurately and speak clearly and concisely. Ability to remain calm during stressful situations. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with various types of people. Ability to perform tasks requiring physical endurance and agility under frequently adverse conditions.
Applications shall be submitted online at the Shiawassee County website at www.shiawassee.net. Click "Check for job postings", then click "Apply now". This application must be completed prior to consideration. Resume and cover letter should be submitted to:
Shiawassee County Sheriff's Office
ATTN: Lieutenant Robert Herrick
201 E. McArthur St
Corunna, MI 48817