The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Gaylord Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: February 10, 2023
January 25, 2023
The Gaylord Police Department is currently accepting qualified resumes for the position of Police Officer thru February 10th, 2023 or until filled. Police Officer duties include patrolling the city limits, traffic enforcement, responding to calls for service, investigating crimes, processing scenes, and special assignments. Police Officer base salary starts at $51,433.20 and progresses up to $73,447.92 plus.
- MERS B4 Pension Program – 2.5% Multiplier with 80% Cap
- Eligible for retirement at 25 years of service
- Deferred Compensation (457) with contribution from the City of Gaylord
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
- Uniform and Boot allowance
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years old.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have an associate degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university at the time of application.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Passed MCOLES approved academy and be eligible for licensing in Michigan.
- Must have a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle or chauffeur's license.
- Must submit to a full background investigation, including fingerprinting and financial investigation.
- Must successfully pass a medical examination, including drug screen.
- Must successfully pass a psychological examination.
- Must successfully pass a physical fitness examination.
Please submit resumes to the following:
Gaylord Police Department
Attn: Chief Frank Claeys
305 E Main St
Gaylord, MI 49735
Closing Date: 02/10/2023
Contact Person: Chief Frank Claeys