The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College: Director of Public Safety Closing Date: February 12, 2023
January 27, 2023
Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required.
$91,703 per year minimum. Salary will be set based on education and relevant years of experience beyond the minimum qualifications.
The Director of Public Safety will provide administrative direction and leadership for the operational, financial and personnel activities of the Public Safety department at Kalamazoo Valley Community College. This individual will prepare annual operating budget recommendations; develop, implement and monitor budget controls; develop and enforce departmental operating policies and procedures; and approve the recruitment, hire and placement of departmental personnel.
This individual will also be responsible for training students and staff on campus safety; planning responses and participating in campus critical events; coordinating institutional evacuation plans.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS FOLLOWS
- Assisting the Institution with internal investigations, as appropriate.
- Enforcing laws and institutional rules.
- Providing for the safe transport of institutional funds.
- Monitoring access to institutional facilities by managing the issuance of both keys and key cards.
- Providing the monitoring of all security cameras and systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required including prior supervisory experience in law enforcement or a public safety setting.
- MCOLES license is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a professional, dignified and cooperative manner with students, staff, the public and counterparts in the law enforcement field is required.
Closing Date: 02/12/2023
Contact Person: Scott Hall
Website Link: https://jobs.kvcc.edu/