The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Hillsdale City Police Department: Full Time Police Officer Closing Date: March 31, 2023
January 31, 2023
The City of Hillsdale, Michigan is accepting applications for the position of full time Police Officer. Applications may be obtained at Hillsdale City Hall, 97 N. Broad St., Hillsdale, MI 49242, or at http://www.cityofhillsdale.org (517-437-6460)
Applicants must meet the following requirements before submitting an application:
- United States Citizen
- Licensed Police Officer (proof of certification must be attached to application) or eligible for licensing as a Police Officer under MCOLES standards or currently in an MCOLES approved Police Academy program.
- Must pass an oral board examination, physical examination and psychological evaluation
- High School diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license with a good driving record
- Free of any abnormality of eyesight and have not less than a 20/20 corrected sight in each eye
Additional benefits of employment with the City of Hillsdale Police Department:
- Signing Bonus ($6,000.00) $3,000 upon hire, $3,000 upon successful completion of Field Training Program. Three (3) year contract required.
- Twelve Hour shifts
- Starting Pay $23.46 per hour Top pay after three years of service
- Defined benefit pension (5% employee contribution) and 457 deferred comp plan
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP)
- Paid time off in first year - Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
All applications will be reviewed before final acceptance. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will be rejected. Qualified applicants can apply in person or by mail. Job posting open until all positions are filled. Mail application and resume to:
Hillsdale City Police Department
Chief Scott A. Hephner
97 N. Broad St.
Hillsdale, MI 49242
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
Closing Date: 03/31/2023
Contact Person: Scott A. Hephner, Chief of Police
Website Link: cityofhillsdale.org