The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Flat Rock Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: July 1, 2023
February 06, 2023
Position Summary/Job Description
In a full-time capacity: Perform the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer doing general patrol, regulate traffic, protect life, property and prevent criminal activity; assist at traffic accident scenes, medical emergencies and fire emergencies; investigating criminal activities by obtaining and compiling information regarding those crimes; prepare cases for filing charge, testifying in court and related activities and carrying out duties in the conformance of Federal, State, County and City laws and ordinances.
This position requires substantial contact with the general public, court officials, city officials and other law enforcement agencies in the performance of police operating activities.
****** Incorporated a lateral pay scale up to (4) years experience. Example if you have 4 years experience with another department, you would start out at the 4th year pay scale which would be $68,507.84 ($31.36 an hour). Top out as patrolman is $72,666.20 and you would start with (84) hrs vacation after completion of FTO Program.
- Starting Salary: $55,169.83 ($25.26-Hourly)
- Defined Benefit Pension Retirement Plan (MERS) AND Defined Contribution Retirement 457 Plan MERS (Up to 5% city Match)
- Differed Compensation Program
- Medical: HAP Health Insurance with dental and optical
- 12 Hour Shifts
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours sick time per year
- Education Reimbursement
- 84 Hours of vacation time after one year of service
- External Vests
- Relaxed tattoo and beard policy
- 21 Years of age
- Legally Employable in the United States
- Associates Degree from accredited college or university, or prior experience
- Must meet all MCOLES employment standards
- Licensed or licensable to become a Michigan Law Enforcement Officer
- Valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- No Felony Convictions
- All candidates must pass a background investigation, psychological examination, physical examination, and drug screen.
Individuals interested in applying for the position need to provide a current resume? and employment application that may be found at flatrockmi.org under the Departments/City Clerks Office/Police Officer Application tabs.
All applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Flat Rock Police Department: Attention Chief Jerry Page.
Any questions can be direct to Chief Page at email@example.com or 734-782-2496 ext 2300
The City of Flat Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability of other factors prohibited by law. The city of Flat Rock reserves the right to adjust minimum qualifications for this job listing.
Closing Date: 07/01/2023
Contact Person: Jerry Page, Chief of Police
Website Link: https://www.flatrockmi.org/index-home.asp