The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Three Rivers Police Department: Full-time Police Officer/Lateral Transfer Incentive of $7,000 to qualified individuals Closing Date: December 31, 2023
February 17, 2023
The City of Three Rivers Police Department is seeking a qualified individual for full-time Police Officer. A Police Officer performs general law enforcement work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Knowledge of modern police practice and principles, including crime detection, routine investigation, and community policing techniques is required.
The City of Three Rivers is a small community, with a population of 7,644, located in southwest Michigan, St. Joseph County. The Police Department consists of the Chief of Police, Deputy Chief, 5 Sergeants, and 8 Police Officers. The Department currently has one Sergeant assigned as the Detective, 2 Officers assigned as K9 Officers, 3 Evidence Techs, and assignments to the St. Joseph County Major Crimes Task Force and Special Response Team. Officers work 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off.
- MCOLES licensed/licensable
- High school graduate or GED
- MI Driver's License
- Possess the knowledge and ability to perform the job functions required for the position
- Preferred: Assoc. Degree, Criminal Justice.
This is a full-time union position with excellent benefits:
- MERS B-3 plan, 2.25% multiplier, F50/25 and F55/15 early retirement riders and 10-year vesting. Employees only contribute 7.4% to the cost of their retirement benefit.
- Vacation rate is 90 hours after 1 year of employment and 200 hours after 15 years of employment.
- 13 paid holidays including a floating birthday holiday.
- Starting pay is $23.70 an hour going to $29.32 an hour after 2 years of service per Union contract.
- Excellent health, dental and optical insurance. Employees pay 15% of the monthly premium.
Opening Date 2/17/23
Closing Date 12/31/23
Contact Person: Detective Sergeant Sam Smallcombe