The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Manistique Public Safety Department: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: June 1, 2023
February 21, 2023
The Manistique Public Safety Department located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula is seeking applications to fill an immediate vacancy for a Public Safety Officer.
Applicants must have the abilities and drive to perform all the duties of a Public Safety Officer, which includes that of a Police Officer, Fire Fighter, and a minimum of an EMT Basic. Those applying for this immediate opening must satisfactorily pass oral interviews, a physical exam with a drug test, and a thorough background investigation in order to be considered for employment.
Candidates must be certified or certifiable as a Police Officer in the State of Michigan, Emergency Medical Technician Basic (minimum), or Fire Fighter I and II. Successful applicants must be willing to cross-train in the discipline(s) they don?t currently have certification in.
- Starting base wage ranges from $43,867 - $53,643, depending on certifications
- Uncapped overtime opportunity
- Annual holiday payment (13 holidays)
- Personal leave hours
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual longevity payment
- Comp time opportunities
- Health savings plan for post-retirement
- Premier BCBS Health insurance package
- Top-tier Delta Dental coverage
- Excellent optical insurance package
- MERS Defined Benefit Plan B4, F55/25 rider with a 3% employee contribution
- $650 annual clothing/equipment allowance
- $500 annual uniform cleaning allowance
- $150,000 life insurance coverage at no cost to the employee
Start your application process by sending a cover sheet and resume to the Manistique Public Safety Department.
A cover sheet and resume are to be sent to:
Manistique Public Safety Department
Attention: Director Timothy Russell
PO Box 515
Manistique, Michigan 49854
Closing Date: 06/01/2023
Contact Person: Director Timothy C. Russell