The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Williamston Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: March 31, 2023
February 21, 2023
The City of Williamston is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officer. The City of Williamston covers roughly 2.5 square miles and has a population of just under 4,000. Located in Ingham County just 15 miles east of the state capitol in Lansing. The department has a chief and six full-time officers.
Primarily responsible for the safety of the public, protection of property and police patrols in the City of Williamston. Officers are also responsible for the enforcement of criminal and traffic laws, and for responding to the public's need for emergency and non-emergency police service.
Supervisory Controls: Under the command of the Chief of Police.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must meet or exceed all M.C.O.L.E.S. standards for employment as a police officer in the State of Michigan.
- Associates degree or minimum 60 hours college credit from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws, local ordinances, and other regulations governing police authority.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written).
- Maintain the physical, mental, and emotional ability to perform essential job duties and functions.
- Be proactive, and be able to identify, initiate, and solve public safety and community problems.
- Attend and be punctual for department duties, assignments, and functions in the appropriate attire.
Wages and Benefits:
- Starting pay commensurate with experience (at least $20.37 and then step increases).
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for eligible employee and employee's eligible family members as well as short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance for eligible employee.
- Defined contribution retirement plan.
- Uniforms, equipment, dry cleaning, and boot allowance provided.
- 12-hour shifts.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Williamston Police Department
175 E Grand River Avenue
Williamston, MI 48895
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 03/31/2023
Contact Person: Vonnie Green