The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Charlevoix County Sheriff's Office: Deputy Sheriff - Part Time Closing Date: June 1, 2023
March 08, 2023
POSITION DESCRIPTION INFORMATION:
- Conduct criminal and non-criminal investigation in a timely manner including all follow-up.
- Follow-up with Detective if assistance was requested on an investigation.
- Complete paper service in a timely manner including criminal and civil subpoenas as well as evictions.
- Conduct school zone/ school patrols during the school day.
- Conduct proactive patrols during school functions including but not limited to attending sporting events, board meetings, fundraisers, or other school function.
- Work with Drug Detectives to provide additional patrol and surveillance based off drug tips or intel.
- Conduct proactive road patrols utilizing knowledge of prior complaints, high traffic areas, current crime knowledge, and personal knowledge to insure a safer community.
- Complete property checks on local businesses, parks, schools, and areas where damage or property is historically victimized.
- To complete pass-down/ shift briefing with on coming Supervisors and patrol Deputies to insure a smooth transition between shifts.
- Keep open lines of communication with Supervisors, Detectives, and upper command regarding open cases, concerns, or suggestions.
- Keep open lines of communication with School Deputy regarding investigations, arrests, or complaints that involve a juvenile.
- Conduct self-initiated warrant service attempts.
- Check in with local business owner or clerks, specifically at closing time to insure safety.
- Assist and mentor new Deputies to insure the successful completion of the probation period.
- Assist EMS & FIRE on priority medical calls.
- Must have the ability to gather and process evidence properly.
- Must have working knowledge of criminal justice system.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Must take good care of equipment.
- Ensure paper service/evictions are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure PPOs and mental pick-up orders are taken care of promptly.
- Have ability to temporarily take command of a shift.
- Follow policy and procedures as established.
- And all other job-related duties that may present themselves.
- Must perform all job-related duties with a positive attitude.
Must meet minimum requirements of employment. Must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be a MCOLES certified/certifiable. Could have a flexible schedule due to possibly being on-call or providing coverage in an emergency.
Closing Date: 6/1/2023
Contact Person: Lt. William Church
Phone Number: 231-547-4461