The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Mattawan Police Department: Police Officer-Lateral position (full-time) Closing Date: April 30, 2023
March 14, 2023
We are currently seeking a community-oriented officer to join our team. We are a growing community and pride ourselves on being able to be proactive. We enjoy excellent community support. We offer opportunities for specialized training and responsibilities, with promotional opportunities as well.
Why join our team?
- We have opened this position for a lateral transfer, reflecting a wage equivalent to your experience and training-up to $31.00 an hour.
- $5,000 sign on bonus; $2,000 upon hire, $1,500 upon completion of probation, and $1,500 upon completion of first year.
- 40 hours of personal time immediately upon starting. Ability to “trade time” with other officers.
- 12 paid holidays, plus a floating holiday.
- Health/dental/vision at no cost to the single employee. Short term disability coverage at no cost as well.
- 12-hour shifts, with every other weekend off (Friday-Sunday)
- Specialty trainings offered; evidence technician, crime scene technician, firearms instructor, less lethal instructors, DT instructor.
- 21 years of age
- No disqualifying convictions
- Able to pass extensive background investigation
- Able to pass physical/psychiatric screening
- Ability to meet all conditions of MCOLES and the Village of Mattawan
If you would be interested in meeting any of our officers or supervisors, interested in a ride-along or job shadow feel free to call or email. We would be happy to get something scheduled. Let us introduce ourselves!
Send us an email or give us a call! Applications are available online. You may also send a letter of interest and resume to the Chief @ email@example.com
Closing Date: 4/30/23