The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Roosevelt Park Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: April 28, 2023
March 23, 2023
The Roosevelt Park Police Department is currently seeking out dedicated individuals to fill the role of Police Officer.
Candidates will be required to pass a thorough background check and be already certified or certifiable through MCOLES. Individuals who are already certified, have the chance to earn lateral transfer pay, up to step 3 as laid out in the patrol officer’s collective bargaining agreement.
The City of Roosevelt Park is a community of 4,127 residents within Muskegon County, approximately two miles from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. The City is a residential community which includes a significant commercial corridor consisting of over 160 businesses along with an excellent school system. While recent years have seen significant growth in both the residential housing prices and commercial district, the City of Roosevelt Park continues its history of offering a unique residential experience in the heart of the larger Muskegon area community. The Roosevelt Park Police Department and its officers are fortunate to have strong support from the community they serve, including the elected officials, residents, and businesses.
- 21 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Meet all minimum pre-enrollment MCOLES standards
- Pass thorough background check
- Starting wage negotiable based on qualifications and certifications
- MERS Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Accumulation of up to 160 hours of COMP time
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical insurance with $250 City contribution to an FSA
- Department provided firearm, body armor, gear, and uniforms
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- 4 personal days
- 12 hour shifts, providing every other weekend off
- Earn up to 25 days of vacation time
- Longevity Pay (up to $2500)
- Recruitment Pay ($1000 per officer)
- Paid sick time
- Health Insurance Opt-out option with an in lieu of payment of 50% insurance cost to the City
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy
Current Collective Bargaining agreement sets the positions hourly rate between $17.99 - $33.02 dependent on years of service.
Candidates with full-time patrol experience or equivalent will receive years of service credit in determining starting wage up to the 42 month mark as per collective bargaining contract.
Applications, resume, and application documents should be submitted to the City Clerk at Roosevelt Park City Hall, 900 Oakridge Road, Muskegon, MI 49441. Completed application packets can also be emailed to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Roosevelt Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The department encourages women and minorities to apply. Applications will be received until positions are filled.
This position is considered open until filled and is currently being posted concurrently with a police cadet position. The City of Roosevelt Park reserves the right to hire candidates from one, both, or none of the current postings as needed.
Opening Date: 3-27-23
Closing Date: 4-28-23