The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Canton Township: Police Officer (Full-time) – Multiple Immediate Budgeted Vacancies Closing Date: October 31, 2023
April 14, 2023
The Canton Police Department is a full-time law enforcement agency currently budgeted for 100 sworn officers. The Department consists of a uniformed patrol division, along with numerous special units and services including investigative, ordinance enforcement and community policing. Canton is a community-oriented agency, providing professional police service beyond traditional enforcement.
2023 Pay Range: $56,855 - $88,099
Canton Township is offering a lateral compensation program based on full-time experience.
- Current full-time sworn law enforcement officer lateral transfer pay for 2023:
- 12-24 months experience - $64,316
- 25-36 months experience - $72, 245
- 37-48 months experience - $80,172
- 49+ months experience - $88,099
- Police Officer top pay under POAM contract is $96,268 after four years of service.
- Applicants must have completed a recognized police academy and have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree at time of hire.
- Applicants currently enrolled and attending a recognized Police Academy that will result in an Associate’s Degree are eligible to apply.
- Successful completion of MCOLES Physical Agility Test dated within the past 12 months at time of application or at time of hire.
- Candidates that pass the interview will have 45 days from the interview to complete the physical agility testing.
- MERS Defined Benefit Pension
- Multiplier – 2.5% of base wage
- Retirement Eligibility – Age 53/25 years of service
- Sick Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Medical (BCN), Dental, Prescription and Life Insurance provided
- Vision Reimbursement
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 12-hour shifts
- Three-day weekend off every other week
- Facial hair permitted and updated tattoo policy
Contact Person: Amanda Canute
Website Link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/canton/jobs