The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Albion Department of Public Safety: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: May 12, 2023
April 19, 2023
The City of Albion, Michigan, is seeking qualified candidates for two full-time Public Safety Officer positions. Albion has a population of 8,000 residents and covers an area of 4.5 square miles. The Department provides both police and fire services to the city.
Albion Department of Public Safety (ADPS) will pay to send you to both the police academy and the fire academy. The department offers excellent benefits and requires employees to contribute less toward those benefits than most police and fire departments. This means higher take-home pay for you. We invite you to consider joining our agency and see what we have to offer!
Statement of Duties:
Public Safety Officers shall perform all the duties and responsibilities of the Police and Fire services for the city. In addition, Public Safety Officers are responsible for the prevention of crimes, preservation of public peace and order, apprehension of offenders, the protection of persons and property under the laws of the City and State, the protection of people and property from fire, and assisting people in medical emergencies.
- High school/GED diploma, associate's degree in a related field;
- Must be a U.S. citizen, 21 years or older at time of employment;
- MCOLES licensed/licensable as a police officer;
- Michigan Fire Fighter I and II certified;
- Must have a valid Michigan driver's license and good driving history;
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history;
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process, and drug/alcohol screen.
Closing Date: 05/12/2023
Contact Person: Lt. Bill Timmins
Website Link: https://www.cityofalbionmi.gov/