The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Woodland Township: Part-Time Police Officer Closing Date: August 31, 2023
April 20, 2023
The Township of Woodland within Barry County is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Part-Time Police Officer. This position will be generally scheduled to work 10 hours a week.
The selected applicant will be expected to execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Protects life and property through the enforcement of laws & regulations; Proactively patrols assigned areas
- Responds to calls for police service
- Conducts preliminary & follow-up criminal and traffic investigations
- Conducts interviews
- Prepares written reports and field notes of investigations and patrol activities
- Arrest and processes criminals
- Testifies in court
- Emergency duties required during adverse weather conditions
- Ability to exercise judgment in determining when to use force and to what degree
- Operate a law enforcement vehicle under emergency conditions day or night
- Comprehending legal documents including citations, affidavits, warrants and other documents.
- Commanding emergency personnel at accident emergencies and disasters
- Takes an active role in Community Oriented Policing
- Self-initiates traffic and/or criminal investigations.
- Must be 21 years of age
- No Criminal History
- Excellent driving record with a valid Michigan Operators License
- Must pass an extensive background investigation
- Must pass physical exam according to MCOLES Standards
- Must pass drug screen according to MCOLES Standards
- Must pass vision test according to MCOLES Standards
- Must pass hearing test according to MCOLES Standards
- Associate degree in police administration, criminal justice, or a related area.
- Has completed an MCOLES approved basic police academy or Recognition of Prior Training and Experience (RPTE) Program and is eligible for certification as a police officer in the state of Michigan.
- Bachelor's Degree in police administration, criminal justice, or a related area.
- One to three years of law enforcement preferred but not necessary.
- Part-Time Police Officers current base pay rate is $21.80 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit in PDF format or Word document a cover letter and resume to WoodlandTownshipPolice@Gmail.com, Attention: Chief Griffin.
Closing Date: 08/31/2023
Contact Person: Chief Timothy Griffin