The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Iosco County Sheriff's Office: Sheriff Deputy Closing Date: May 31, 2023
April 27, 2023
Under general supervision, exercises responsibilities for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare. Exercises independent judgment in dealing with dangerous or unusual situations, exercising safety practices and procedures. Works under stressful, high-risk conditions.
- Investigates crimes, interviews witnesses, complainants, and victims; and gathers physical evidence and preserves for court; conducts follow up investigations as needed.
- Enforces all laws.
- Apprehends, arrests and detains criminal suspects and law violators when necessary.
- Serves warrants, summonses, subpoenas, civil and other official papers.
- Serves as witness in court and provides evidence in court as required.
- Responds to emergency calls, such as robberies, burglaries, kidnappings, assaults and murders.
- Checks residential and commercial property for security as requested; wellbeing checks on citizens as requested.
- Assists motorists in various situations as needed.
- Contacts complainants and/or victims of crimes within a reasonable length of time; keeps complainants or victims informed of progress of investigations.
- Prepares, processes, and/or transmits various reports as required.
- Records information concerning events that took place during tour of duty, and records such activity in the manner as prescribed by the department.
- Maintains weapons and equipment.
- Transports mental patients and prisoners to prescribed locations as necessary.
- Answers questions asked by the general public, works with juveniles and adults in related matters; refers public to person or agencies which can provide further assistance as required.
- Works under stressful, high-risk conditions.
- Performs special projects as directed by the Sheriff.
- Watches for wanted or missing person and lost children; administers first aid to the injured in emergency cases.
- Attends shift meeting, seminars, and training sessions as required to remain knowledgeable of operations and promote job performance.
- Maintains required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Takes active charge in serious or unusual situations.
Closing Date: 05/31/2023
Contact Person: Charles Allen