The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Three Oaks Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: October 31, 2023
May 01, 2023
The Three Oaks Police Department is currently seeking an energetic, dedicated, and professional individual who is excited to begin their career in law enforcement. Three Oaks is located in Harbor Country. We are located on the Indiana border, and an hour from Chicago. The police department patrols the village, and through an intergovernmental agreement Three Oaks Township, as well. The police department will sponsor one individual into the police academy which begins in January 2024 at Kalamazoo Valley Community College.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Preferred minimum of an associates degree from an accredited college or university or awarded a college degree at the completion of the police academy.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a satisfactory record.
- Must pass the MCOLES entrance reading, writing, and physical tests.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must pass MCOLES medical screening
- Must pass psychological screening
- No felony convictions and misdemeanors convictions
- Must be MCOLES licensed or licensable. If sponsored, pass the MCOLES licensing test.
- Must pass employment background. Must sign the MCOLES Waiver & Release of Information Authorization form, and any other required background waiver and release forms.
- FTO Program
- Starting police officer pay $23 an hour/bi-weekly pay
- Work 10 hour shifts. Sometimes 12 hour shifts
- Every other weekend off (Once off FTO)
- Overtime is available
- Holidays are mandatory. Holiday pay on worked holidays.
- Vacation and sick time available
- Simple IRA
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 40 hours of vacation time & 48 hours of sick time after 1 year of employment.
Closing Date: 10/31/2023
Contact Person: Chief Carl Krause