The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Northfield Township Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date:
May 03, 2023
NORTHFIELD TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT HIRING OPPORTUNIY FOR FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The Northfield Township Police Department is seeking qualified patrol officer candidates who poses strong leadership, communication, decision making, and problem-solving skills. Patrol officers perform a variety of law enforcement duties which include patrolling assigned areas, investigating criminal and suspicious incidents, responding to calls, arresting suspects, preparing incident reports, and traffic related duties. Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors, and often in inclement weather.
Applicants should be in good physical condition and able to perform all essential job functions. Ideal candidates should be enthusiastic, trustworthy, compassionate, respectful, and able to exercise sound judgement with a strong desire to serve the community.
Lateral pay for officers with prior law enforcement experience.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America and be at least 21 years old at time of hire.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a minimum of 60 semester hours of college credits at time of hire OR have at least two years of full time sworn police officer experience.
- Applicants should be licensed by MCOLES or licensable under MCOLES standards.
- If not currently licensed by MCOLES or “licensable” under MCOLES standards: (Licensing must be maintained to remain on the eligibility list).
- Individuals may apply if currently enrolled in a MCOLES licensed Police Academy or Police Licensing Program. Any applicant who fails licensing under this provision shall become ineligible.
- Veterans of any branch of the United States Military who qualify for the MCOLES Military Police Basic Training Program are encouraged to apply. Any applicant who fails licensing under this provision shall become ineligible.
- Any applicant who applies under the provision of 5A or 5B of this posting must complete all academy training and successfully pass the state licensing exam before potential employment.
- All Applicants must meet the criminal history requirements and background check requirements of the Northfield Township Police Department.
Applications are available online at: here.
Completed application and application materials must be submitted to the attention of Lieutenant David Powell. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in person at the Police Department located at 8350 Main Street, Whitmore Lake, Michigan 48189.
Northfield Township is an equal opportunity employer.
Opening Date: 5/3/2023
Closing Date: 11/30/2023
Northfield Township Police Department
8350 Main Street Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
Chief Martin B. Smith