The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Sandusky Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: May 24, 2023
May 09, 2023
The City of Sandusky Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for 1 full-time position of Police Officer. The City of Sandusky is a vibrant rural community located in the thumb of Michigan and is the county seat of Sanilac County. Sandusky has a population of approximately 2,800 residents with a large surge in the day time population because of its many businesses, services and community activities.
The Sandusky Police Department currently maintains staffing levels at 7 sworn officers; the Chief, 4 full-time Officers and 2 part-time Officers.
The Sandusky Police Department will be accepting applications for qualified candidates starting May 10, 2023 until May 24, 2023.
The minimum requirements for employment are:
- High School graduate or G.E.D. but an Associate Degree is preferred
- No felony or disqualifying criminal history
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a very good driving record
- MCOLES licensed (prior experience preferred)
- Must be of good moral character and pass a background investigation
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
- Must be able to work weekends, nights, days and holidays as needed
Full Time Wages and Benefits:
- Hourly Pay starting $23.00 to $27.54 based on education, experience and shift
- Lateral entry accepted up to 4 years of full-time police experience
- Pay after 5 years $24.50 to $28.39 based on education, experience and shift
- Family Healthcare insurance for medical, prescription, vision & dental with employer provided HSA hard cap
- Health care insurance opt-out plan
- Defined benefit MERS pension plan, vested after 10 yrs., full pension eligible with 25 yrs. of service and 55 yrs. of age with 2.5 multiplier
- Sick, Personal & vacation leave
- Holiday pay for 11 paid holidays
- $700/yr. Longevity bonus for 4-6 yrs., $800/yr. 7-9 yrs., $1000/yr. 10-14 yrs.
- Uniform and most equipment provided
- $50,000 Life insurance policy
- Boot/Equipment allowance of $250.00/yr.
- MERS 457 plan with 2.5% employer match
- Retiree healthcare stipend after 25 yrs. of service and 55 yrs. of age
For an application packet contact the Sandusky City Hall at 810-648-4444 or contact email@example.com. To apply, a letter of interest, resume and application packet must be submitted to the City of Sandusky at 26 West Speaker Street, Sandusky MI 48471.
The City of Sandusky is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Opening Date: 5/9/2023
Closing Date: 5/24/2023