The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Litchfield Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: July 31, 2023
June 12, 2023
City of Litchfield is seeking Full-Time Police Officer and Part-Time Police Officers with immediate openings. The City of Litchfield is seeking a positive, self-motivated, conscientious individual to serve as a police officer. Successful candidate must be MCOLES licensable be a high school graduate, and possess a valid Michigan driver's license. Associate's degree in criminal justice or related field is preferred. This position is open to new officer as well as a police officer with previous experience who wants to work in a friendly, small town environment. All equipment is furnished.
- Perform routine patrol / shift duties / taking and responding to calls for service.
- Enforce all Federal and State of Michigan Laws, as well as all Litchfield City Ordinances
- Conduct Criminal Investigations
- Enforces traffic laws and conducts traffic related investigations.
- Makes arrests and interviews persons / subjects.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing - capable of preparing police reports, citations, search warrants, and warrant requests.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment
- Possess a valid driver's license
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history
- Ability to successfully pass an interview, background investigation, physical, psychological and drug screen
Must be able to work weekends, days, nights and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer