The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Colon Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
June 13, 2023
The Colon Police Department has an opening for a full-time police officer. Colon is located in the north-east section of St. Joseph County. The village population approx. 1,100 people, enjoys a great relationship with the community and school system. Officer work 12-hour shifts and patrol by car, foot
and bicycle. All equipment is provided by the department. Once hired, an employee must be able to respond to emergency call in within a reasonable amount of time. Questions, please email Chief Brinkert.
Applications can be mailed or dropped off, please do not email them.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- MCOLES licensed or licensable. Applications accepted if you are in academy.
- No felony convictions.
- Valid Michigan Driver's license with good driving history.
- Pass a background investigation
- Pass, physical, physiological and drug exam.
The Village of Colon is an equal opportunity employer.