The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Lawrence Police Department: Part-Time School Resource Officer (Licensed Police Officer) Closing Date: July 31, 2023
June 14, 2023
The Village of Lawrence is accepting applications for a Part-time School Resource Officer position that will work 24 to 32hrs per week. This officer would be working 24hrs in the Lawrence Schools with an option to work general patrol as well. The Village has approximately 1000 residents and is a bedroom community in Western Michigan. The Village has an outstanding school system and a growing business community.
- Starting hourly wage $26.00 - $30.00 (Negotiable based on qualifications and prior police experience.)
- Police equipment, uniforms and firearms provided by the department.
- Eligible to make contributions to MERS 457B and MERS Roth IRA accounts.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be currently MCOLES licensed or licensable.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver's license.
- No Felony convictions. Misdemeanors will be screened on a case-by-case basis
- Must be a United States citizen.
For applications, contact the Village Clerk's Office at 269-932-0685 or the Lawrence Police Department at 269-932-0537. Your application must be accompanied by a resume and cover letter. Please mail or email your correspondence to Chief Paul Bianco at the Village of Lawrence Police Department, 157 N Paw Paw Street, Lawrence, MI 49064 or email@example.com. Questions can be directed to Chief Bianco at 269-932-0537.