The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Grosse Pointe Farms Department of Public Safety: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: August 31, 2023
June 20, 2023
General Statement of Duties:
Performs general police and fire control work as a member of a combined police-fire unit; does related work as required.
- MCOLES Physical Test Certification
- MCOLES Written Test Certification
- Current MCOLES Basic Police Officer Certification or, if fire certified, have an associate's degree.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 60 college credits with a C average. College may be waived for prior military service with current MCOLES license.
- Be 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have no felony convictions
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Be free from any physical defects or chronic diseases that may impair a law enforcement officer's performance or endanger the lives of others.
- Possess good moral character / free from drug dependency
- If required, must be able to pass the firefighters agility test
- Be eligible to be certified as a firefighter l and ll. Certification is preferred but not mandatory.
- Meet all minimum standards mandated by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and the Michigan Firefighters Training Council.
- Please submit your resume for interview consideration. An official application will be provided later for those passing the interview board.
Please submit information to:
Deputy Director Andy Rogers
90 Kerby Road
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
The City of Grosse Pointe Farms is an equal opportunity employer.