The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Melvindale Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: July 31, 2023
June 21, 2023
APPLICANTS MUST AT TIME OF APPLICATION AND TIME OF HIRE:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid Michigan Operator's license and meet minimum driving requirements.
- Have successfully completed the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards MCOLES Training requirements Basic Police Academy or currently enrolled in a Michigan recognized MCOLES approved standard Police Academy.
- Possess the valid Commission on Law Enforcement Standards MCOLES Certification, in reading, writing, and the Physical Skills Test Battery.
- Have completed two years of credits from accredited college or university i.e. 60 semester hours, or Associates degree from an accredited institution, or have two years of sworn Police Officer experience in the last three years.
- Starting base salary is $48,471.00
- Up to 5 year lateral experience pay.
- 401 retirement 5% employee 10% City with option of 457B match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental benefits
You can obtain an application on our website at: https://melvindale.org/.
Please return employment applications and requested documentation to the Melvindale Police Department at 3100 Oakwood Blvd. Melvindale, MI 48122
Applicant must present college transcript, driver's license, birth certificate, and MCOLES licensure (if completed).
Completed applications must be postmarked or delivered in person to the Melvindale Police Department by July 31st 2023.