The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Lapeer County Sheriff's Office: Road Patrol Deputy Closing Date: July 29, 2023
June 29, 2023
Lapeer County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for Road Patrol Deputy.
Our 2023 annual starting salary rates are as follows:
- Entry: $25.30/ hr. ($52,624/year)
- Top out four years: $33.60/hr. ($69,888/year)
- 2% wage increase for years 2024 and 2025.
Police Officers that are currently licensed by MCOLES and have at least 2 full years of employment as a full time Police Officer/Sheriff's Deputy with a governmental law enforcement agency are eligible for our lateral compensation program based on full time experience. To be eligible, the individual must have left their full-time position in good standing as well as any part-time positions which they may have served.
A member brought in under the lateral agreement will also receive 40 hours of vacation time upon hiring, an additional 40 hours upon successful completion of FTO, and an additional 40 hours after the successful completion of their probationary period at one (1) year.
- Lateral (2+ years): $27.16/hr to $31.30/hr ($56,493 to $65,104/year)
- Lateral (6+ years): $33.60/hr ($69,888/year)
Our benefit package includes:
MERS B4 Pension (25yrs/50yo) 2.5x multiplier AND a supplemental deferred compensation plan (optional).
We offer 8-, 10- and 12-hour shifts, external vests, coverage of entire county (663 sq. miles), contract township positions, K9, SRT, Dive, Marine, Detective bureau, Accident Investigation, SRO (School Resource Officer) specialty units.
- Possess an Associate's Degree (or higher).
- Be licensed or currently eligible for licensing as a law enforcement officer following successful completion of the training requirements established by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Must successfully pass an oral interview, thorough background check, physical and psychological exam.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
In order to be considered you must submit a resume and application to:
Lapeer County Sheriff's Office Recruiting Team