The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Spring Arbor Township Police Department: Part-time Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
June 30, 2023
Spring Arbor Township Police Department is accepting applications and / or resumes for a part-time police officer position.
Spring Arbor Township is a rural area with a population of approximately 8,000 residents. We are located about 5 miles west of Jackson. Spring Arbor is home to Spring Arbor University. Our community is active and growing rapidly. In the very near future we will be home to a brand new “super” elementary school. This addition to Western School District will grow our community substantially. Western is a premier school district inside of Jackson County. One of our best resources is our community. One of our best investments are our staff!
The applicant must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a Michigan resident
- Have obtained a valid MCOLES license or licensable
- Possess a two-year degree, or two years experience in criminal justice or related field from an accredited college or department.
- Successfully pass a background investigation, medical exam or drug screen.
- Possess excellent moral character.
- Must have a valid operator or chauffeur license and good driving history.
- No felony convictions, and/or disqualifying criminal histories.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Applicant must be self-motivated, and have good communication skills.
SAPD has a ton to offer new hires:
- Brand new uniforms (no poly wool!) Ball cap approved.
- Load bearing vest with Molle attachments.
- New patrol cars, full size printers, e citation, Toughbooks.
- Assigned AR-15, tac lights, eotech.
- Glock w/ Tac light. Transition to RDS coming soon.
- Comfortable, clean and bright office workspace.
- Climate controlled indoor parking for all patrol cars and officer’s vehicles.
- Flock cameras, Axon 3 body, Axon Fleet 3 in car, All brand new.
- Shift IPhone for evidence collection.
- Intoxilyzer 9000 is located in our office as a tool for OWI processing.
- Virtual Academy training to stay current as well as in-person trainings.
- Flexible shift.
- Starting wage of $22 an hour depending on experience.
- Uniforms, equipment and provided
Complete a Spring Arbor Township application. Applications can be obtained by contacting email@example.com
- A resume must accompany the completed job application.
- Job applications will be accepted by email, in person, or by mail.
Spring Arbor Township Police Department
Chief Dan Deering
107 E. Main St. Spring Arbor Michigan 49283
**EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER**