The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Garden City Police Department: Entry Level Police Officer Closing Date: July 31, 2023
July 03, 2023
The City of Garden City is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time entry-level Police Officer. The City of Garden City is a 5.86 square mile city located in Western Wayne County. The department consists of 36 sworn officers.
Here is a list of some of the benefits provided by the Garden City Police Department:
- Annual salary $54,671.00 - $83,708.00
- Total Financial Compensation of $93,543.00
- Yearly uniform allowance of $1,200
- Yearly firearm proficiency allowance of $1,000
- Yearly longevity pay - based on number of years of service - increases every year of employment
- Substantial pension at 25 years of service with a 2.5 multiplier thru M.E.R.S
- 2% COLA (cost of living) increase yearly once in retirement for the life of the retiree
- Additional overtime assignments available year round
- Full medical coverage for officer and dependents
- Tuition reimbursement for course study applicable to law enforcement profession up to a Juris Doctorate
- 12 hour shift schedule for patrol officers - every other weekend is a three day weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off)
- Vacation time up to 224 hrs a year - based on number of years of service
- Financially stable community
- Employees must reside within a 45 mile radius of Garden City. New employees must reside within this radius within one year of employment with the city.
Various bureaus and positions available at Garden City Police Department:
- Patrol division
- Detective Bureau
- Command division
- K9 officer
- Community Resource Officer (CRO)
- School Resource officer (SRO)
- Undercover investigations assignments (DEA), (MNET), (WW Auto Theft)
- GCPD staffed Search Warrant Team (SOG)
- Multijurisdictional SWAT team assignment covering 150+ miles between various member agencies
- Commercial Traffic Officer
- Drone Pilot Officer
- and more
All applicants are required to complete an electronic application located at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/gardencitymi follow the instructions. You must complete the application and pass the EMPCO test before you are considered for an interview. Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled.