The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
St Charles Police Department: Full Time SRO Position Closing Date: August 31, 2023
July 03, 2023
Department: Village of St Charles Police Department
Position Type: Full-Time
Supervised by: Chief of Police
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervises: No supervisory responsibility
Compensation: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour depending on experience.
Location: St Charles Public Schools
Benefits: BCBS Platinum, MERS Retirement, both no cost to employee
Telecommuting Eligibility: Not eligible for telecommuting.
St Charles Public Schools, in partnership with the Village of St Charles Police Department, is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a School Resource Officer. The school system consists of three schools: one elementary, one middle school, and one high school. The mission of the School Resource Officer program is to improve school safety and the educational climate within the district. This position will deal with matters relating to criminal law issues, not to enforce school discipline or punish students. A successful candidate for this position will have an interest in partnering to provide educational resources on safety plans, communicate with people of all ages and backgrounds, enforce local, state, and federal laws, and be able to effectively investigate and document relevant crimes and incidents. During school vacations/breaks and summer months, this position will then be assigned to road patrol.
Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, School Resource Officer Position:
- Cover letter
- Village application form
- Copy of current MCOLES licensure
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Preferred Law Enforcement experience of 2 years or more.
- MCOLES licensed as a law enforcement officer in the State of Michigan.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver's License and an insurable driving record, along with the ability to complete specialized driver training courses related
- to emergency vehicles. Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts.
- Criminal background check, pre-employment evaluations and drug screening required.
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED.
- Associate degree in law enforcement OR Bachelor degree in any discipline preferred.
- Prior experience working with youth preferred.
The Village of St Charles is an equal opportunity employer; qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
For questions, please call Chief J. Oliver @ 989-865-8287